1961 Coffee is committed to a sustainable future and believe together we can make a difference. With our long term bean supplier, Bennetts Coffee, with whose values we align with; we strive to ensure that coffee sourced is grown to conserve nature, provide better livelihoods for the farmers and the processors. We use only Fair Trade Certified beans.
We are constantly researching the best ways to use recyclable products that have little impact on the environment.
- Packaging: we strive to ensure as much of our shipping cartons, labels, tape and boxes are compostable.
- Takeaway Cups: the cups we supply our wholesale customers are bio-degradable.
- Coffee Pods: Australians are said to consume millions per day so it’s essential our pods are 100% bio-degradable.
- Coffee sacks: the sacks our coffee beans come in are recycled, donated and some retailers are selling them for arts and crafts projects.
- Coffee Grounds: we encourage all our wholesale customers to give ground coffee to local gardeners and landscapers.